JA of the Chisholm Trail offers scholarships to area seniors who have participated in a JA program during high school. These scholarships are awarded each spring to many deserving and hard working students. To date, over a quarter of a million dollars has been awarded to area students.
Winners of scholarships are selected on the basis of scholastic ability, participation in JA programs, as well as other organizational or extracurricular activities. Students are evaluated on achievement, leadership, college and career potential, and financial need. After submitting an application, transcript, and SAT/ACT scores, top applicants are invited to interview with the scholarship committee.
Each JA scholarship is valued at a minimum of $500 per semester, payable for up to 8 semesters or four years. The actual semester amount is determined by the type of scholarship received. All scholarships are annually renewable, pending minimum GPA requirements are met.
- Participant in a JA high school program in the Chisholm Trail area (Tarrant and surrounding counties or Abilene) and currently a high school senior.
- Submit a completed application with high school transcript and SAT/ACT scores no later than the deadline announced for the current school year.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Finalists must participate in an interview with the scholarship committee.
- Applications are available for the 2012-2013 school year.